Cherubim Books is especially interested in
poetry for children and adolescents, but will consider creative work in
all genres. When submitting keep these things in mind:
- include a short cover letter containing any biographical details which
might be relevent.
- 20 to 30 page samples are usually fine for larger works. Provide a
synopsis of the remaining manuscript, and a page count. We will ask
to see the whole work if we are interested.
- never send original or one-of-a-kind material. Copies only, please.
- most publishers use in-house illustrators, or artists otherwise known
to the publisher, when publishing picture books, but if you would like
your own illustration work considered, send a sample image copy with
- we encourage multiple submissions. If someone else accepts your manuscript
for publication while we are reviewing it, let us know.
- like many small publishers, we at Cherubim Books are understaffed
and overworked. If we take too long with your manuscript send us a note
and we will try to hurry things along.
Submissions to Cherubim Books can be mailed to:
Box 8474 Main Postal Outlet